Tilly Buttons Mathilde Blouse (Edited)

My latest blouses made from linen were inspired by a number of loose fitting comfortable shirts that I purchased from Petal and Pup. I ended up buying two shirts ($60 each) before I thought about creating my own. I scoured through a number of patterns to try and find something similar and ended up landing on the Tilly and the Buttons Mathilde Blouse.

The image on the left below is the Tilly and The Buttons Mathilde Blouse and the picture on the right is the Petal and Pup Blouse that I took my inspiration from.

Description: Loose fitting blouse with frilled edges, button up back, longer curved back and a round neck line.
Pattern: Tilly Buttons Mathilde Blouse (Edited)
Fabric: Spotlight Linen

Continue reading

Colette Macaron Dress

You can probably assume from all the dresses I’ve made from this sewing pattern that it’s one of my absolute favourites. I’ve had this beautiful cotton sateen fabric sitting in my stash for quite some time and couldn’t decide what to do with it. Maybe because it’s so bright and colourful, creating it as a solid dress might have been too much. So splitting it up using the Colette Macaron using the white top was the perfect combination.

You can see see my floral Colette Macaron, my two toned Colette Macarons, as well as some other Macarons in my sewing archive. The dress contains front pockets, a pleated skirt, separate top panels and is a great fit! If I hadn’t convinced you to get this pattern, maybe I have now.

Description: Macaron is a fun-to-sew, flattering, and curvy dress. It includes a bodice fitted with darts, along with a contrasting top yoke, sleeves, and a narrow midriff band.
Pattern: Colette Macaron Pattern
Fabric: Cotton Sateen from Spotlight

Continue reading

Floral Colette Macaron

The Colette Macaron is a dress I’ve made a thousand times now. It’s one of my all time favourite sewing patterns. You can see my Pink and Navy versions and more in my sewing archive. This dress (and photos) are from 2015 and was made from a beautiful white floral cotton sateen.

Description: Macaron is a fun-to-sew, flattering, and curvy dress. It includes a bodice fitted with darts, along with a contrasting top yoke, sleeves, and a narrow midriff band.
Pattern: Colette Macaron Pattern
Fabric: Cotton Sateen and cotton lining

Continue reading

BurdaStyle Tulip Sequin Dress

I made this dress back in 2015 wanting to use sequin fabric for the first time to create an outfit to wear out in Las Vegas. However, even after a bit of alterations the top didn’t quite fit me the way I wanted it to. The sleeves were too far down on my shoulders and didn’t pull in the front or back enough, so it ended up a bit too gapey.

Description: A sweetheart neckline gives a feminine look to this structured dress. The tulip skirt is pleated for structure, so you get a sophisticated look.
Pattern: BurdaStyle Tulip Dress
Fabric: Sequin Bodice & Rayon Skirt

Continue reading

Vogue 1300 Dress

If you’re looking for a pretty simple dress this Vogue 1300 is perfect. Again, this is one from my archives so this patterns will be from around 2014 if you happen to have it in your stash.

Apart from making this dress a few sizes too big for myself at the time it was a basic, flattering shift style dress. I made this from a polyester material but I think something more like rayon or linen would be a much nicer fit.

Description: Misses Dress and Slip: Loose-fitting, pullover dress has back neck slit, button/self loops, binding, side pockets, stitched hems, flounce and cap sleeves.
Pattern: Vogue 1300 Dress
Material: Polyester but linen or rayon would suit for just the dress but if you wanted to make the slip you could do lighter fabrics.

I am super excited to be showcasing some dresses from my archives. This one was about 6 years ago when I was creating a new outfit for myself almost every week. I was also still learning about fabric types and getting used to how they would sit. It’s amazing how much you learn along the way and still learning!

Happy Sewing!

Erin xx

Vogue 1270 Dress

I have been running through my sewing archive and found a dress I made in 2013, which turned out so amazing. This is the Vogue 1270 dress made with cotton sateen fabric and cotton lining.

I adored this dress but it was a tricky one to make. There was slight error in the instructions at step 14. However, I checked Pattern Review and a few others had commented on the same thing, which made it a little easier to understand how to complete it. I also had to add some front pleats to the neckline because it gaped too wide.

Once we can actually get back to the workplace I would love to make this one again with a few alterations, such as changing the top and back neckline to fit better and adding full sleeves.

Overall it was a very flattering style if you happen to have this pattern in your stash! I am going to be posting a few oldies to my blog, that I haven’t yet posted since starting my blog again.

Happy sewing!

Erin